Categories
electrical damage

Electrical fire at Mumphord’s causes minor damage | Crime & Courts | victoriaadvocate.com – Victoria Advocate

An electrical hearth at Mumphord’s Place BBQ on Tuesday morning triggered little damage however mi…….

An electrical hearth at Mumphord’s Place BBQ on Tuesday morning triggered little damage however might strain the beloved restaurant to be rewired.

Whereas smoke is A regular sight at Mumphord’s, the place the pits run all day prolonged in An outfacet enclosure, A particular person driving by on Juan Linn Road at about 9 a.m. noticed extra smoke than ordinary, said co-proprietor Ricky Mumphord.

By The objective hearthfighters confirmed up, The hearth was already out, said Lt. Nick Mosmeyer of the Victoria Fire Division.

Burn marks Might be seen above the breaker area On the entrance left facet of the constructing, On the greater Fringe of the constructing’s corrugated metallic siding.

Mumphord said there was no vital damage to the restaurant’s inside, which reopened for indoor eating in June, however Mumphord’s Place might Want To close briefly while the electrical wiring is changed.

The constructing is 80 to 90 years previous, Mumphord said.

Each dine-in and drive-by way of service Might Even be briefly paused, however Mumphord said He is hopeful the restaurant will reopen by The prime of the week. Clients can look at Mumphord’s Fb Website for updates.