Categories
electrical fire

Extension cord causes brief electrical fire in Madison home – Channel3000.com – WISC-TV3

July 14, 2021 2:45 PM

Posted: July 14, 2021 2:45 PM

…….

July 14, 2021 2:45 PM

Posted: July 14, 2021 2:45 PM

MADISON, Wis. — An extension twine sparked A quick electrical hearth inside a Madison residence Tuesday afternoon.

Officers have been despatched to A house on the 1800 block of South Thompson Drive at round 2:15 p.m. Based mostly on an incident report, a resident said an electrical outlet Of their house “started to arc, caught hearth After which self-extinguished.”

The crew said there was hearth damage to each the outlet and surrounding drywall. Officers checked to see if The hearth had unfold Contained in the drywall and confirmed The hearth was out.

The resident informed officials an extension twine had been used to power An space heater in A particular room. Firefighters later noticed a small extension twine close by with a burned finish.

The crew decided The power needed for the space heater exceeded the extension twine’s performance, inflicting the twine to overheat and journey the breaker.

Officers said the resident was not harm By way of The hearth, And no-one was displaced.