LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — State Hearth Marshals are investigating A hearth On the Dean O’s South location on Kaliste Saloom Rd.
Lafayette Hearth Division Public Information Officer Alton Trahan said Lafayette Police noticed smoke coming from the relaxationaurant after responding to an alarm activation. The enterprise was shutd and no staff have been current.
“Emergency crews pressured entry into the relaxationaurant and found The hearth in A relaxation room located shut to the kitchen,” said Trahan. “The fire was spreading Inside the void space above the suspended ceiling. Hearthfighters have been In a place to convey The hearth beneath administration within 20 minutes. Almost all of the damage was remoted to The relaxation room, kitchen, and ceiling space. The seating space solely sustained smoke damage.”
Lafayette Hearth Division investigators decided thOn The hearth originated in a trash can Inside The relaxation room. It was found that staff with a janitorial agency have been the final ones To go away the relaxationaurant. Definitely one of many staff by probability discarded smoldering supplies Inside the trash can.
The rationale for The hearth was dominated an accident.
Proprietor Tim Metcalf said he expects the relaxationaurant Ought to be shutd for A few month as repairs start. Metcalf said he’s already working with a contractor and his insurance coverage agency to shortly get the relaxationaurant again open.
No accidents have been reported.